- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Rare Plant List
- June 2018
- All offers and promotions
- Shop by category
- Full category list
- Planting Colour Combinations
- Chelsea Flower Show 2018 - New and unusual plants
- Chelsea Flower Show 2018 - Stand Plant List
- Chelsea Flower Show 2017 - Featured pollinator plants
- Chelsea Flower Show 2017 - Plant List
- Chelsea Flower Show 2016 - Best Selling Plants
- Design your own garden
- Plants by colour
- Plants for specific locations
- Burncoose Specialities
- Plants for specific types of garden
- Plants with particular characteristics
- Gift Ideas
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2018
- Garden Essentials
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
Caerhays Bred Plants
A selection of some of the best plants bred and raised at Caerhays Castle Gardens or by Burncoose Gardens over the last 100 years. These special plants are now widely grown in UK gardens and their ongoing popularity is assured. The x williamsii camellias come into flower in mid-wiinter, they are extremely tough and amazingly floriferous over an 8-10 week period.
The magnolias range in colour from pink, to purple and reddish purple and are quite exceptional plants.
The rhododendrons are all suitable for smaller gardens and remain as popular today as when they were first bred 60-70 years ago.