- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Rare Plant List
- Flowering & Top Sellers November 2017
- Winter Sale - 20% off
- 50% off Winter Clearance
- All offers and promotions
- Mahonia x media Winter Sun - 1 for £29.50 inc gift wrap and c&p, saving £5.00
- Chimonanthus praecox - 1 large plant for £43.50, gift wrap, c&p included, a saving of £6.00
- Abeliophyllum distichum - 1 for £28.50, gift wrap & c&p included, SAVE £6.00
- Helleborus niger 'Christmas Rose' for £25.00 inc gift wrap and c&p Saving £5.00
- Daphne bholua 'Jacqueline Postill' - 1 small plant for £29.50 inc gift wrap and c&p, SAVE £10.00
- Camellia - two year old plant for £30 inc gift wrap and c&p, SAVE £7.00
- Sarcococca 'Purple Stem' - 1 for £28.50 saving £5.00, inc gift wrap and c&p
- Daphne 'Perfume Princess' gift wrapped and delivered for £33.50 saving £6.00
- Seeds - Save £3.00 when you buy 3 packs
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2017
- Garden Essentials
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
Landscaping & Garden Design Services
Landscaping and garden design.
Burncoose Nurseries offer a full landscaping service covering all aspects of hard and soft landscaping work, but our speciality is in PLANNING AND PLANTING. Since the nursery offers some 3,500 different varieties of ornamental trees, shrubs and herbaceous plants we have a wealth of expertise and alternative designs to offer USING OUR OWN PLANTS.
If you have a new garden, or wish to upgrade an existing garden or simply start again after a substantial pruning please contact Philip Knuckey, the partner who runs the Landscaping Department (01209 860316). Philip will arrange to call on you to discuss your longer term plans, objectives and requirements. We will then prepare a detailed planting list and sketch plan for you to consider.
After many years experience designing Cornish Gardens, we are familiar with the problems of wind damage, exposure and salt sprays which exist in so many coastal and even inland gardens in Cornwall. We hope to avoid customers wasting money on impulse purchases at gardens centres which are simply not suitable for exposed locations by creating plant lists and garden designs which will withstand the local conditions.
Unlike many of our competitors our quotations specify in detail our estimates of how many individual man days each part of the work will involve and what all the material costs will be. Instead of just one overall total our quotations are fully itemised for labour and materials.
We do make a nominal charge of £25 - £60 for making site visits and preparing detailed sketch plans. This is simply to protect us from having our planting suggestions and designs used by others. The charge is fully refundable if customers ask us to undertake the work or if the plants are purchased from Burncoose at a later date.
Although straightforward design and planting work is a major part of our landscape business, we are very happy to undertake patios, rockeries, paving, pools, turfing, seeding, pruning, or virtually any other landscaping work. We do not, however, offer an ongoing maintenance service although we can often find a good local contractor to recommend.
We are often asked whether we guarantee our plants. Our policy is to replace any plant which dies which we ourselves have planted about six months or so after the job has been completed. This replacement service would obviously not apply to deaths caused by planting out of season which was not kept properly watered, seasonal extremities of weather, other unenforced accidents with strimmers or sprayers or damage caused by rabbits, deer or cattle.
Dear Mr Knuckey
Thank you so much for designing part of my garden. The new arrangement is more successful than I anticipated.
The work you and your men have carried out has transformed what was a derelict space and I can’t tell you how delighted I am with the result and all within budget.