- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Rare Plant List
- May 2018
- All offers and promotions
- Shop by category
- Full category list
- Planting Colour Combinations
- Chelsea Flower Show 2018 - New and unusual plants
- Chelsea Flower Show 2018 - Stand Plant List
- Chelsea Flower Show 2017 - Featured pollinator plants
- Chelsea Flower Show 2017 - Plant List
- Chelsea Flower Show 2016 - Best Selling Plants
- Design your own garden
- Plants by colour
- Plants for specific locations
- Burncoose Specialities
- Plants for specific types of garden
- Plants with particular characteristics
- Gift Ideas
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2018
- Garden Essentials
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
Here at Burncoose we only supply established sized plants.
Almost all of our herbaceous plants are grown in 1.5 or 2 litre pots. Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.
The vast majority of our shrubs are grown in 2.5 or 3 litre pots and sometimes even larger pots particularly later in the season.
All our half-standard trees are grown in 7.5 litre, 10 litre or 15 litre pots and sometimes in even larger pots. What we mean by ‘Large’ and ‘Specimen’ sized plants is explained in more detail where relevant in different sections of the web site (e.g. acers, magnolias & camellias).
We do not offer for sale or send out tiny plug plants or small liner plants.
If we only have in stock plants which are in smaller pots and smaller in size than the normal price quoted and the standard size in our catalogue we will always reduce the price accordingly and make this clear on the delivery note.
If you need more information on specific pot sizes please ring us on 01209 860 316
The actual condition of individual plants may of course vary depending on the time of the year, the weather and growing conditions at that time.
Example of Large and Small Azaleas in their pots.
CORDYLINE plant sizes