News and Events
Help and Advice
Buy CHIMONANTHUS praecox
Other Suggested Plants
Customers who bought CHIMONANTHUS praecox also bought these...
(Syn. Fragrans) - highly scented yellow flowers with a purple centre on bare stems
- Good to know - add stems to indoor winter flower arrangements. Dried flowers can be used like lavender to scent linen.
- Pests & Diseases - none.
- Place of Origin - China.
- Hardy - cold Winter - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/nothern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
- Height - in metres - 4m (12ft)
- Spread - in metres - 3m (10ft)
- Deciduous - lance-shaped, glossy, mid-green leaves to 8cm (20in) long in opposite pairs.
- Tall Shrub - vigorous, upright shrub. Pendent flowers to 2.5cm (1in) across on second year bare shoots in winter.
- Full Sun
- Scented flowers
- fertile well drained soil
A rare form with clear waxy-yellow flowers with no staining which open later in the year