- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Shop by category
- Plants on Sale
- Flowering & Top Sellers August 2015
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2015
- Burncoose Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Rare Plant List
- Log In / Register
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
History: Home >
CISTUS x purpureus 'Alan Fradd'
White flowers with red marks at the base of each petal. Often has some flowers which revert in part to rosy-crimson
Buy CISTUS x purpureus 'Alan Fradd'
- Good to know - never prune hard. Pinch back after flowering. Wildlife plant - insects, butterflies.
- Pests & Diseases - none.
- Place of Origin - southern Europe.
- Hardy - average winter - Hardy through most of the UK apart from inland valleys, at altitude and central/northerly locations. May suffer foliage damage and stem dieback in harsh winters in cold gardens. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -10°C (14°F)
- Height - in metres - 1m (3ft)
- Evergreen - dark-green, lance-shaped leaves.
- Medium Shrub - Typically grow to around 4-6 feet in height - rounded shrub. Flowers to 7cm (3in) with a crumpled appearance.
- Full Sun - sheltered site.
well drained, dry, poor to moderately fertile soil
- generally lime tolerant, but can become chlorotic on chalky soils.
Vitax Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser 0.9 kg
Vitax Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser 2.5 kg
Vitax Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser 4.5 kg
Other Suggested Plants
Customers who bought CISTUS x purpureus 'Alan Fradd' also bought these...