News and Events
Help and Advice
Buy CISTUS x purpureus 'Alan Fradd'
Other Suggested Plants
Customers who bought CISTUS x purpureus 'Alan Fradd' also bought these...
CISTUS x purpureus 'Alan Fradd'
White flowers with red marks at the base of each petal. Often has some flowers which revert in part to rosy-crimson
- Good to know - never prune hard. Pinch back after flowering. Wildlife plant - insects, butterflies.
- Pests & Diseases - none.
- Place of Origin - southern Europe.
- Hardy - average winter - Hardy through most of the UK apart from inland valleys, at altitude and central/northerly locations. May suffer foliage damage and stem dieback in harsh winters in cold gardens. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -10°C (14°F)
- Height - in metres - 1m (3ft)
- Evergreen - dark-green, lance-shaped leaves.
- Medium Shrub - Typically grow to around 4-6 feet in height - rounded shrub. Flowers to 7cm (3in) with a crumpled appearance.
- Full Sun - sheltered site.
- well drained, dry, poor to moderately fertile soil - generally lime tolerant, but can become chlorotic on chalky soils.