- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Shop by category
- Plants on Sale
- Flowering & Top Sellers October 2015
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2015
- Burncoose Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Rare Plant List
- Log In / Register
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
History: Home >
CLEMATIS cirrhosa var balearica
Bronze tinged foliage in winter, flowers pale yellow spotted reddish purple
Buy CLEMATIS cirrhosa var balearica
- Good to know - wildlife plant - nectar and pollen for insects.
- Pests & Diseases - cutworms, aphids on young plants, whiteflies under glass. Clematis wilt.
- Place of Origin - Balearic Islands, Corsica, Sardinia.
- Hardy - average winter - Hardy through most of the UK apart from inland valleys, at altitude and central/northerly locations. May suffer foliage damage and stem dieback in harsh winters in cold gardens. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -10°C (14°F)
- Height - in metres - 2.5 - 3m (8-10ft)
- Spread - in metres - 1.5m (5ft)
- Climber - Some of these climbing plants will need trellis or wire supports if growns on walls or fences. Other grow aerial roots and are self-clinging - early flowering species. Flowers on previous year's growth. Open, cup-shaped flowers 2-7cm (¾-3in) across followed by attractive seed heads.
- Full Sun - provide shade for roots and base of plant.
- Partial Shade
- Scented flowers
fertile well drained soil
- humus- rich. Mulch in late winter.
Buy Varieties of CLEMATIS cirrhosa var balearica
Larger flowered form, tinged pink with maroon spots
Other Suggested Plants
Customers who bought CLEMATIS cirrhosa var balearica also bought these...