- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Shop by category
- Plants on Sale
- Flowering & Top Sellers October 2015
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2015
- Burncoose Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Rare Plant List
- Log In / Register
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
History: Home >
CLEMATIS cirrhosa var balearica 'Wisley Cream'
Large creamy-white unspotted flowers
Buy CLEMATIS cirrhosa var balearica 'Wisley Cream'
- Good to know - prune after flowering if size needs restricting. Wildlife plant - early pollen and nectar for insects.
- Pests & Diseases - cutworms, aphids on young plants, whiteflies under glass. Clematis wilt.
- Place of Origin - Balearic Islands, Corsica, Sardinia.
- Hardy - average winter - Hardy through most of the UK apart from inland valleys, at altitude and central/northerly locations. May suffer foliage damage and stem dieback in harsh winters in cold gardens. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -10°C (14°F)
- Height - in metres - 2.5 - 3m (8-10ft)
- Spread - in metres - 1.5m (5ft)
- Climber - Some of these climbing plants will need trellis or wire supports if growns on walls or fences. Other grow aerial roots and are self-clinging - early-flowering species. Flowers on previous year's growth. Open, cup-shaped flowers 6-8cm(2½-3in) across followed by attractive seed heads.
- Evergreen - leaves are slightly bronze beneath.
- Full Sun - provide shade for roots and base of plant.
- Partial Shade
- Scented flowers - lightly scented in warmer conditions.
fertile well drained soil
- humus-rich. Mulch in late winter.
Other Suggested Plants
Customers who bought CLEMATIS cirrhosa var balearica 'Wisley Cream' also bought these...