News and Events
Help and Advice
Buy CLEMATIS 'Gipsy Queen'
Other Suggested Plants
Customers who bought CLEMATIS 'Gipsy Queen' also bought these...
CLEMATIS 'Gipsy Queen'
Large Flowered Summer Varieties
- Good to know - prune back previous season's stems to a pair of strong buds about 15-20cm (6-8in) above soil level before growth starts in early spring.
- Pests & Diseases - cutworms, aphids on young plants, clematis wilt.
- Place of Origin - garden origin (UK)
- Hardy - average winter - Hardy through most of the UK apart from inland valleys, at altitude and central/northerly locations. May suffer foliage damage and stem dieback in harsh winters in cold gardens. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -10°C (14°F)
- Height - in metres - 3m (10ft)
- Spread - in metres - 1m (3ft)
- Climber - Some of these climbing plants will need trellis or wire supports if growns on walls or fences. Other grow aerial roots and self-clinging - single flowers 10-12cm (4-5in) across with overlapping sepals and deep-red anthers.
- Deciduous - late flowering. Bears flowers on current year's growth.
- Partial Shade - provide shade for roots and base of plant. Fades almost to white in sun.
- fertile well drained soil - humus-rich. Mulch in late winter.