- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering & Top Sellers April 2016
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2016
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Rare Plant List
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
CLEMATIS 'Gipsy Queen'
Large Flowered Summer Varieties
Buy CLEMATIS 'Gipsy Queen'
- Good to know - prune back previous season's stems to a pair of strong buds about 15-20cm (6-8in) above soil level before growth starts in early spring.
- Pests & Diseases - cutworms, aphids on young plants, clematis wilt.
- Place of Origin - garden origin (UK)
- Hardy - very cold winter - Hardy in all of UK and northern Europe. Plant can possibly withstand temperatures down to -20°C (-4°F)
- Height - in metres - 3m (10ft)
- Spread - in metres - 1m (3ft)
- Climber - Some of these climbing plants will need trellis or wire supports if grown on walls or fences. Other grow aerial roots and are self-clinging - single flowers 10-12cm (4-5in) across with overlapping sepals and deep-red anthers.
- Deciduous - late flowering. Bears flowers on current year's growth.
- Partial Shade - provide shade for roots and base of plant. Fades almost to white in sun.
fertile well drained soil
- humus-rich. Mulch in late winter.
Other Suggested Plants
Customers who bought CLEMATIS 'Gipsy Queen' also bought these...