- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Rare Plant List
- June 2018
- All offers and promotions
- Shop by category
- Full category list
- Planting Colour Combinations
- Chelsea Flower Show 2018 - New and unusual plants
- Chelsea Flower Show 2018 - Stand Plant List
- Chelsea Flower Show 2017 - Featured pollinator plants
- Chelsea Flower Show 2017 - Plant List
- Chelsea Flower Show 2016 - Best Selling Plants
- Design your own garden
- Plants by colour
- Plants for specific locations
- Burncoose Specialities
- Plants for specific types of garden
- Plants with particular characteristics
- Gift Ideas
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2018
- Garden Essentials
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
Lobster claw, Parrot's beak or, if you like, Kakabeak from that New Zealand parrot.
Genus of 1 or 2 species of evergreen trailing or climbing shrubs from warm-temperate scrub or woodland in Australia and New Zealand, critically endangered in the wild.
Pests & Diseases - slugs.
Place of Origin - Australia, New Zealand.
Climber - Some of these climbing plants will need trellis or wire supports if grown on walls or fences. Other grow aerial roots and are self-clinging
Evergreen - shrubs or subshrubs.Alternate, pinnate, mid- to dark-green leaves. Showy flowers resemble lobsters' claws.
Full Sun - shelter from cold drying winds
fertile well drained soil