- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Shop by category
- Plants on Sale
- Flowering & Top Sellers July 2015
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2015
- Burncoose Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Rare Plant List
- Log In / Register
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
History: Home >
Chilean lantern tree
(Syn. Tricuspidaria lanceolata) - crimson lanterns borne in profusion
Buy CRINODENDRON hookerianum
- Good to know - an 1848 introduction by Cornish plant hunter William Lobb (1809-1864)
- Pests & Diseases - none.
- Place of Origin - Chile.
- Hardy - average winter - Hardy through most of the UK apart from inland valleys, at altitude and central/northerly locations. May suffer foliage damage and stem dieback in harsh winters in cold gardens. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -10°C (14°F)
- Height - in metres - 6m (20ft)
- Spread - in metres - 5m (15ft)
- Evergreen - narrowly oblong, pointed, toothed, dark-green leaves to 10cm (4in) long.
- Tall Shrub - stiffly-branched shrub with upright shoots. Lantern- or urn-shaped, fleshy-petalled flowers 2-2.5cm (¾-1in) long.
- Full Sun - if in full sun roots need to be shaded and cool.
- Partial Shade - preferably.
- Acid Loving
- Fertile moist well-drained soil - humus-rich.
Rounded to broadly columnar
Buy Varieties of CRINODENDRON hookerianum
Rootgrow - Large - 360g
(360gram sachet - inc c&p) £12.00
Rootgrow - Medium - 150g
(150gram sachet - inc c&p) £6.00
Vitax Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser 0.9 kg
(0.9 kg - c&p inc) £6.00
Vitax Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser 2.5 kg
(2.5 kg - c&p inc) £10.00
Vitax Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser 4.5 kg
(4.5 kg - c&p inc) £16.00
Other Suggested Plants
Customers who bought CRINODENDRON hookerianum also bought these...