News and Events
Help and Advice
Buy CROCOSMIA 'Solfatare'
Suggested Further Reading
Other Suggested Plants
Apricot yellow flowers with dark bronzy foliage. A scarce form
- Pests & Diseases - red spider mites occasionally.
- Place of Origin - South Africa.
- Hardy - average winter - Hardy through most of the UK apart from inland valleys, at altitude and central/northerly locations. May suffer foliage damage and stem dieback in harsh winters in cold gardens. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -10°C (14°F)
- Height - in metres - 60-70cm (24-28in)
- Spread - in metres - 8cm (3in)
- Herbaceous - clump forming cormous perennial. Small flowers 3cm (1¼in) long on arching, branched stems.
- Full Sun
- Partial Shade
- Fertile moist well-drained soil - humus- rich.