- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Rare Plant List
- Flowering & Top Sellers May 2017
- Chelsea 2017 Pollinators Sale
- Shop by category
- Full category list
- Chelsea Flower Show 2017 - Featured pollinator plants
- Chelsea Flower Show 2017 - Plant List
- Chelsea Flower Show 2016 - Best Selling Plants
- Design your own garden
- Plants by colour
- Plants for specific locations
- Burncoose Specialities
- Plants for specific types of garden
- Plants with particular characteristics
- Gift Ideas
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2017
- Garden Essentials
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
An alpine variety producing shades of pink
Information - click to hide
- Good to know - does not thrive in very dry soils. Colours vary from white to shades of pink and carmine-red.
- Pests & Diseases - mice and squirrels. Vine weevil, cyclamen mite, grey mould.
- Place of Origin - Bulgaria, Caucasus, Turkey, Lebanon, Israel.
- Hardy - cold winter - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/northern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
- Height - 5-8cm (2-3in)
- Spread - 10cm (4in)
- Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.
- Tuberous - tuberous perennial with rounded leaves 2.5-6cm (1-2½in) long. Leaves can be shiny, unmarked and dark green or deep green with silver markings. Produces compact flowers to 2cm (¾in) long with dark carmine-red and white mouths.
- Partial Shade
- fertile well drained soil - moderately fertile. Humus-rich. Mulch annually with leaf mould.
Fertilisers & Feeds - Vitax
Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser
A useful fertiliser suitable for use on a wide variety of plants. Q4 provides all the nutrients and trace elements essential for vigorous growth, abundant flowering and ripening of fruit.
3 options from £6.00
Fertilisers & Feeds - Empathy
All-purpose Seaweed Stimulant
All-purpose organic concentrated seaweed feed that is a ready to use, derived from sustainable harvested kelp, that can be used on all outdoor and indoor plants, except acid loving plants. Perfect used in conjunction with Rootgrow™.
Protect your knees in the garden with this squishy mat. Water-repellent and light weight.
Items you may also need...
Other Suggested Plants
Available from £6.50
Sweet violet, Garden violet
Available from £8.50
Creeping dogwood, Bunchberry
Available from £12.50
CORNUS sanguinea 'Midwinter Fire'
Common dogwood, Dogberry
Available from £12.50