News and Events
Help and Advice
Buy CYCLAMEN coum
Other Suggested Plants
An alpine variety producing shades of pink
- Good to know - does not thrive in very dry soils.
- Pests & Diseases - mice and squirrels. Vine weevil, cyclamen mite, grey mould.
- Place of Origin - Bulgaria, Caucasus, Turkey, Lebanon, Israel.
- Hardy - average winter - Hardy through most of the UK apart from inland valleys, at altitude and central/northerly locations. May suffer foliage damage and stem dieback in harsh winters in cold gardens. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -10°C (14°F)
- Height - in metres - 5-8cm (2-3in)
- Spread - in metres - 10cm (4in)
- Herbaceous - tuberous perennial with rounded leaves 2.5-6cm (1-2½in) long. Leaves can be shiny, unmarked and dark-green or deep-green with silver markings.
- Partial Shade
- fertile well drained soil - humus rich - mulch annually with leaf mould