- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Rare Plant List
- Flowering & Top Sellers September 2017
- September Seasonal Sale
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2017
- Garden Essentials
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
Commonly known as: Angels' trumpets.
(Now renamed BRUGMANSIA) All JUL-SEPT
Information - click to hide
- Good to know - grown for their large, usually scented, solitary tubular or trumpet-shaped flowers.
- Pests & Diseases - red spider mite, mealybug, whitefly - more usually under glass
- Place of Origin - southern USA to South America.
- Will grow outside in milder locations - This could include plants which would survive happily in a greenhouse or conservatory if not in a mild location. If you have a sheltered spot in your garden then it may do well here. - loam based compost for greenhouse - plenty of light
- Evergreen - shrubs and trees. Leaves are often toothed or lobed.
- Tall Shrub
- Full Sun
- Fertile moist well-drained soil
- Caution, toxic if eaten - Do not eat these plants.
Buy Varieties of DATURA
Vermin & Pest Control
SB Plant Invigorator
This is a non-biological non-chemical plant insecticide and mildewcide. Works against the physical motion of the insect. Perfect for all plants and edible crops.
Slate Plant Labels
These wonderfully tactile natural slate plant labels are hand made in Cornwall and come with a chalk pen. Just stick them in your pot or border. Pack of 6.
Slate Tie-on Plant Labels
Hand made in Cornwall, these delightful natural slate labels are perfect for pots. Comes with chalk pen. Pack of 5
Max/Min Digital Thermometer
Thermometer which displays current temperature in the centre, with Max above and min below. Suitable for use outdoors or in the greenhouse / conservatory. With batteries included