- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Rare Plant List
- June 2018
- All offers and promotions
- Shop by category
- Full category list
- Planting Colour Combinations
- Chelsea Flower Show 2018 - New and unusual plants
- Chelsea Flower Show 2018 - Stand Plant List
- Chelsea Flower Show 2017 - Featured pollinator plants
- Chelsea Flower Show 2017 - Plant List
- Chelsea Flower Show 2016 - Best Selling Plants
- Design your own garden
- Plants by colour
- Plants for specific locations
- Burncoose Specialities
- Plants for specific types of garden
- Plants with particular characteristics
- Gift Ideas
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2018
- Garden Essentials
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
Another old cottage-garden favourite. To get the best display requires some fussing over. Greedy feeders and loved by slugs. Taller varieties need staking. Results can be spectacular.
Genus of about 320 species of annuals, biennials and perennials found mainly in mountainous areas worldwide, except Australia.
Main delphinium, or larkspur, cultivars are classed into Belladonna, Elatum or Pacific Hybrid groups
Pests & Diseases - slugs, snails, leaf miners, caterpillars, powdery mildew, crown rot on mature plants.
Place of Origin - mountainous areas worldwide with the exception of Australia.
Height - 1m - 1.2m (3-4ft)
Spread - 75cm (30in)
Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch. - perennial.
Full Sun - shelter from cold winds
fertile well drained soil
Harmful if eaten - These will give you an upset tummy, so please don't eat any of these.
May cause skin allergy or irritant - Having skin or eye contact with these plants could result in an allergic reaction, burning or rash.
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
1m - 1.2m (3-4ft)