- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- All offers and promotions
- Flowering & Top Sellers May 2016
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2016
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Rare Plant List
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
Man fern, Soft tree fern
This attractive architectural plant thrives in cool moist shaded woodland
Buy DICKSONIA antarctica
- Good to know - plants under 1.2m (4ft) require management for protection. See link on DICKSONIA page.
- Pests & Diseases - none
- Place of Origin - eastern Australia, Tasmania.
- Half hardy - unheated greenhouse / mild winter - Hardy in coastal and relatively mild parts of the UK except in severe winters and a risk from sudden (early) frosts. May be hardy elsewhere with wall shelter or good micro-climate. Likely to be damaged or killed in cold winters. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -5°C (23°F)
- Height - in metres - 6m (20ft) though very slow growing.
- Spread - in metres - 4m (12ft)
- Evergreen - large, dark-green, roughly-textured fronds.
- Fern - single-stemmed tree fern.
- Tall Shrub
- Full Shade
- Partial Shade - thrives in filtered sunlight.
- Acid Loving
- No Preference - but humus-rich.
All-purpose liquid stimulant
(1 ltr - inc c&p) £7.50
Ericaceous Liquid Seaweed Fertiliser
(1 ltr - free c&p) £7.50
Rootgrow - Large - 360g
(360gram sachet - inc c&p) £12.00
Rootgrow - Medium - 150g
(150gram sachet - inc c&p) £6.00
Vitax Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser 0.9 kg
(0.9 kg - c&p inc) £6.00
Vitax Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser 2.5 kg
(2.5 kg - c&p inc) £10.00
Vitax Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser 4.5 kg
(4.5 kg - c&p inc) £16.00
Other Suggested Plants
Customers who bought DICKSONIA antarctica also bought these...