- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- NEW - Light weight garden pots & planters
- Non-Herbaceous Sale
- Late Summer Flowering Sale
- Flowering & Top Sellers August 2016
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2016
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Rare Plant List
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
Sorry, but the plant you were looking for isn't available this year. Please try these alternatives.
Information - click to expand & read
- Good to know
- Pests & Diseases - leaf spot, powdery mildew.
- Place of Origin - northern Spain.
- Hardy - cold winter - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/northern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
- Height - in metres - 60cm (24in)
- Spread - in metres - 30cm (12in)
- Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch. - clump forming perennial. Lance-shaped, softly hairy dark-green leaves 8-20cm (3-8in) long. Small flowers 1-2cm (½-¾in) long in dense racemes.
- Partial Shade
- No Preference - except very wet or dry. Most prefer humus- rich soil.
- Caution, toxic if eaten - Do not eat these plants.
Buy Varieties of DIGITALIS
(ambigua) - pale yellow flowers
Common foxglove, Dead men's bells, Fairy thimbles
Pastel shades of the cultivated foxglove