- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- Early Summer Sale
- All offers and promotions
- Flowering & Top Sellers June 2016
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2016
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Rare Plant List
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
DIGITALIS purpurea Excelsior hybrids
Pastel shades of the cultivated foxglove
Buy DIGITALIS purpurea Excelsior hybrids
- Good to know - developed from our common foxglove. Wildlife plant - bees, caterpillars of butterflies and moths.
- Pests & Diseases - leaf spot, powdery mildew.
- Place of Origin - Europe.
- Very hardy - Hardy in the severest continental climates including exposed upland locations in the UK. Plant can withstand temperatures < -20 (-4°F)
- Height - in metres - 1.2m (4ft)
- Spread - in metres - 60cm (24in)
- Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch. - biennial or short lived perennial. Unlike the wild foxglove the bells are evenly spaced around the spike. Shades of creamy yellow, white, purple or pink.
- Partial Shade
- No Preference - except very wet or dry. Most prefer humus- rich soil.
Caution, toxic if eaten
- Do not eat these plants.
Other Suggested Plants
Customers who bought DIGITALIS purpurea Excelsior hybrids also bought these...