- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- All offers and promotions
- Flowering & Top Sellers May 2016
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2016
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Rare Plant List
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
DIGITALIS x mertonensis
Deep salmon-pink, late flowering
Buy DIGITALIS x mertonensis
- Good to know - D. grandiflora x D. purpurea. Comes true from seed. Wildlife plant - insects.
- Pests & Diseases - leaf spot, powdery mildew.
- Place of Origin - garden origin. John Innes Institute, Surrey, 1926.
- Hardy - cold winter - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/northern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
- Height - in metres - 90cm (3ft)
- Spread - in metres - 30cm (12in)
- Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch. - robust,clump forming perennial. Lance-shaped, toothed, veined, glossy dark-green leaves 7-30cm (3-12in) long. Flowers to 6cm (2½in) long.
- Partial Shade
- No Preference - except very wet or dry. Most prefer humus- rich soil.
Caution, toxic if eaten
- Do not eat these plants.
Other Suggested Plants
Customers who bought DIGITALIS x mertonensis also bought these...