- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- NEW - Light weight garden pots & planters
- Early Summer Sale
- Late Summer Flowering
- All offers and promotions
- Save £3.00 when buying one Maackia amurensis inc C&P
- Save £3.50 when buying one CHITALPA tashkentensis 'Pink Dawn', inc C&P
- Save £4.50 when buying one Crinodendron patagua inc C&P
- Save £3.50 when buying one Eucryphia Gilt Edge inc C&P
- Save £2.50 when buying one Hoheria Stardust inc C&P
- Save £3.50 when buying one Clethra alnifolia inc C&P
- Flowering & Top Sellers July 2016
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2016
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Rare Plant List
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
Sorry, but the plant you were looking for isn't available this year. Please try these alternatives.
- Good to know - introduced into UK by Robert Fortune in 1843. Daphne-like flowers.
- Pests & Diseases - none outside
- Place of Origin - China.
- Will grow outside in milder locations - This could include plants which would survive happily in a greenhouse or conservatory if not in a mild location. If you have a sheltered spot in your garden then it may do well here. - if growing in greenhouse use loam based compost (JI No. 3). Bright, filtered light.
- Height and Spread - 1.5m (5ft)
- Deciduous - lance-shaped to oval, dark green leaves to 15cm (6in) long
- Medium Shrub - Typically grow to around 4-6 feet in height - open, rounded shrub with supple shoots. Small flowers are produced in spherical heads 3.5-5cm (1½-2in) across.
- Full Sun
- Partial Shade - dappled shade
- Scented flowers
- Fertile moist well-drained soil - humus-rich, loamy