Plants by mail order since 1984, over 4100 plants online today!
- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Rare Plant List
- June 2018
- All offers and promotions
- Shop by category
- Full category list
- Planting Colour Combinations
- Chelsea Flower Show 2018 - New and unusual plants
- Chelsea Flower Show 2018 - Stand Plant List
- Chelsea Flower Show 2017 - Featured pollinator plants
- Chelsea Flower Show 2017 - Plant List
- Chelsea Flower Show 2016 - Best Selling Plants
- Design your own garden
- Plants by colour
- Plants for specific locations
- Burncoose Specialities
- Plants for specific types of garden
- Plants with particular characteristics
- Gift Ideas
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2018
- Garden Essentials
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
Commonly known as Paper bush
A rare plant with spherical scented yellow flowers densely covered with silky white hairs
- Design your own garden: The conservatory or greenhouse garden
- Gift Ideas: Christmas Gift Ideas
- Greenhouse and Conservatory Plants: Shrubs / Bulbs
- Plants by colour: Yellow
- Plants for specific types of garden: Exotic Plants
- Plants for specific types of garden: Scented Plants
- Pot Plants
- Plants beginning with 'E'
- Search Caerhays Garden Diary for more info & pictures
Good to know - introduced into UK by Robert Fortune in 1843. Daphne-like flowers.
Pests & Diseases - none outside
Place of Origin - China.
Hardy - average winter - Hardy through most of the UK apart from inland valleys, at altitude and central/northerly locations. May suffer foliage damage and stem dieback in harsh winters in cold gardens. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -10°C (14°F)
Height - 1.5m (5ft)
Spread - 1.5m (5ft)
Deciduous - lance-shaped to oval, dark green leaves to 15cm (6in) long
Medium Shrub - Typically grow to around 4-6 feet in height - open, rounded shrub with supple shoots. Small flowers are produced in spherical heads 3.5-5cm (1½-2in) across.
Against a wall - in frost-prone areas
Partial Shade - dappled shade
Fertile moist well-drained soil - humus-rich, loamy
Edgeworthia - Growing Guide
Buy Varieties of EDGEWORTHIA chrysantha
Fertilisers & Feeds - Vitax
Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser
A useful fertiliser suitable for use on a wide variety of plants. Q4 provides all the nutrients and trace elements essential for vigorous growth, abundant flowering and ripening of fruit.
3 options from £6.00
Fertilisers & Feeds - Empathy
Rootgrow mycorrhizal fungi
Recommended by the RHS. Contains Rootgrow™ mycorrhizal fungi. Suitable for all trees and shrubs (except rhododendrons, azaleas, heathers, cranberries and blueberries)
2 options from £6.00
Fertilisers & Feeds - Empathy
All-purpose Seaweed Stimulant
All-purpose organic concentrated seaweed feed that is a ready to use, derived from sustainable harvested kelp, that can be used on all outdoor and indoor plants, except acid loving plants. Perfect used in conjunction with Rootgrow™.
Max/Min Digital Thermometer
Thermometer which displays current temperature in the centre, with Max above and min below. Suitable for use outdoors or in the greenhouse / conservatory. With batteries included