News and Events
Help and Advice
Buy EHRETIA anacua
Suggested Further Reading
Other Suggested Plants
Customers who bought EHRETIA anacua also bought these...
Knockaway, Sandpaper tree
A Mexican and US species with reddish-brown to grey bark which peels. The leaves have a remarkably rough texture. Abundant white flowers which make the tree seem as if it is covered in snow
- Pests & Diseases - none.
- Place of Origin - Mexico, southern Texas.
- Hardy - average winter - Hardy through most of the UK apart from inland valleys, at altitude and central/northerly locations. May suffer foliage damage and stem dieback in harsh winters in cold gardens. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -10°C (14°F)
- Height - in metres - 6-14m (20-45ft)
- Height Integer - 14
- Semi-evergreen - Keeps some of its foliage all year, and will drop some leaves as well. - replaces some leaves in spring.Elliptic to oblong dark green leaves to 8cm (3in) long.
- Tree - often produces suckers or multiple trunks.
- Full Sun
- Partial Shade
- fertile well drained soil - moderately fertile. Shelter from cold, drying winds.