News and Events
Help and Advice
Buy FUCHSIA arborescens
Other Suggested Plants
Customers who bought FUCHSIA arborescens also bought these...
Fairly tender evergreen shrub with panicles of very small flowers which are rose or rose-purple followed by dark purple fruit
- Pests & Diseases - whiteflies, capsid bugs, aphids, vine weevil, red spider mites, grey mould
- Place of Origin - Mexico, Central America.
- Half hardy - unheated greenhouse / mild winter - Hardy in coastal and relatively mild parts of the UK except in severe winters and a risk from sudden (early) frosts. May be hardy elsewhere with wall shelter or googd microclimate. Likely to be damaged or killed in cold winters. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -5°C (23°F)
- Height - in metres - 2m (6ft)
- Spread - in metres - 1.7m (5.5ft)
- Evergreen - elliptic, thin, dark-green leaves 10-20cm(4-8in) long.
- Tall Shrub - or small tree. Erect habit. Very small flowers are held in erect panicles. Fruit is almost spherical to 1.5cm (½in) long.
- Full Sun
- Greenhouse or Conservatory - Not the sort of plants to be grown outside where there are likely to be frosts. These plants need to be grown in a conservatory or cool greenhouse or at least brought inside for the winter
- Partial Shade
- Fertile moist well-drained soil