- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Rare Plant List
- Flowering & Top Sellers July 2017
- Non-Herbaceous Summer Sale 30% off
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2017
- Garden Essentials
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
Breaking News! - We have been awarded GOLD at Hampton Court Show
History: Home >
Commonly known as: Lilac fuchsia.
Fairly tender evergreen shrub with panicles of very small flowers which are rose or rose-purple followed by dark purple fruit
Information - click to hide
- Pests & Diseases - whiteflies, capsid bugs, aphids, vine weevil, red spider mites, grey mould
- Place of Origin - Mexico, Central America.
- Half hardy - unheated greenhouse / mild winter - Hardy in coastal and relatively mild parts of the UK except in severe winters and a risk from sudden (early) frosts. May be hardy elsewhere with wall shelter or good micro-climate. Likely to be damaged or killed in cold winters. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -5°C (23°F)
- Height - 2m (6ft)
- Spread - 1.7m (5.5ft)
- Evergreen - elliptic, thin, dark-green leaves 10-20cm(4-8in) long.
- Tall Shrub - or small tree. Erect habit. Very small flowers are held in erect panicles. Fruit is almost spherical to 1.5cm (½in) long.
- Full Sun
- Greenhouse or Conservatory - Not the sort of plants to be grown outside where there are likely to be frosts. These plants need to be grown in a conservatory or cool greenhouse or at least brought inside for the winter
- Partial Shade
- Fertile moist well-drained soil
Fertilisers & Feeds - Vitax
Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser
A useful fertiliser suitable for use on a wide variety of plants. Q4 provides all the nutrients and trace elements essential for vigorous growth, abundant flowering and ripening of fruit.
3 options from £6.00
Fertilisers & Feeds - Empathy
Rootgrow mycorrhizal fungi
Recommended by the RHS. Contains Rootgrow™ mycorrhizal fungi. Suitable for all trees and shrubs (except rhododendrons, azaleas, heathers, cranberries and blueberries)
2 options from £6.00
Vermin & Pest Control
SB Plant Invigorator
This is a non-biological non-chemical plant insecticide and mildewcide. Works against the physical motion of the insect. Perfect for all plants and edible crops.
Slate Plant Labels
These wonderfully tactile natural slate plant labels are hand made in Cornwall and come with a chalk pen. Just stick them in your pot or border. Pack of 6.
Items you may also need...
Other Suggested Plants
Available from £13.50
Available from £10.50
LEPTOSPERMUM scoparium 'Martini'
New Zealand tea tree, Manuka
Available from £12.50
Peruvian fuchsia tree
Available from £15.00