- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering & Top Sellers May 2016
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2016
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Rare Plant List
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
GREVILLEA lanigera 'Mount Tamboritha'
('Compacta') - prostrate, dwarf form with an attractive bushy habit and pinkish red and cream flowers. Thrives in Cornish conditions and yet has proved hardy in the north
Buy GREVILLEA lanigera 'Mount Tamboritha'
- Good to know - syn. Compacta
- Pests & Diseases - none
- Place of Origin - Australia (New South Wales, Victoria)
- Half hardy - unheated greenhouse / mild winter - Hardy in coastal and relatively mild parts of the UK except in severe winters and a risk from sudden (early) frosts. May be hardy elsewhere with wall shelter or good micro-climate. Likely to be damaged or killed in cold winters. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -5°C (23°F)
- Height - in metres - 60 - 100cm (24-36in)
- Spread - in metres - 0.9m- 1.5m (3-5ft)
- Dwarf Shrub - Typically only grows to a maximum of one or two feet in height but there will be some exceptions. - many-branched, rounded shrub, sometimes mat forming.
- Evergreen - crowded, linear to narrowly oblong, hairy, mid-green to greyish green leaves 1-3cm (½-1¼in) long with margins rolled under. Flowers in semi-erect racemes to 6cm (2½in) wide.
- Full Sun
- fertile well drained soil - moderately fertile.
Neutral to acid soil
Ericaceous Liquid Seaweed Fertiliser
Rootgrow - Large - 360g
Rootgrow - Medium - 150g
Other Suggested Plants
Customers who bought GREVILLEA lanigera 'Mount Tamboritha' also bought these...