- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Rare Plant List
- April 2018
- All offers and promotions
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2018
- Garden Essentials
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
Commonly known as Bugle
Genus of about 40 species of annuals and clump-forming or spreading evergreen or semi-evergreen perennials found in shady habitats throughout temperate Europe and Asia.
Bugles are excellent for ground cover and an excellent source of early nectar for bees and butterflies.
The UK native, reptans, is invasive but selected cultivars make attractive, insect-friendly carpets. Historically it was also known as "carpenter's herb" for its supposed ability to stem bleeding.
Pests & Diseases - powdery mildew.
Place of Origin - Europe, Asia.
Ground Cover - These plants are typically low growing and spread quickly to inhibit weed growth on areas of bare soil - excellent for ground cover.
Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch. - annuals and clump- forming or spreading evergreen or semi evergreen perennials
Fertile moist well-drained soil
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video