News and Events
Help and Advice
Buy HELLEBORUS orientalis
Other Suggested Plants
Customers who bought HELLEBORUS orientalis also bought these...
Ranges from white to pink and purple flowers with crimson spots
- Good to know - ideal position is under deciduous trees where flowers can bloom unshaded and plant is then sheltered from sun throughout the year. Attractive to insects.
- Pests & Diseases - snails, aphids, leaf spot, black rot.
- Place of Origin - Greece, Turkey, Caucasus.
- Hardy - cold Winter - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/nothern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
- Height and Spread - 45cm (18in)
- Evergreen - overwintering, leathery, deep green basal leaves to 40cm (16in) long, each with 7-9 lance-shaped leaflets.
- Herbaceous - flowers appear on branched stems and are pendent or almost outward-facing, 5-7cm (2-3in) across.
- Partial Shade - or dappled shade
- Fertile moist well-drained soil - humus-rich.
- Neutral to Alkaline Soil - will tolerate heavy soil.
- Harmful if eaten - These will give you an upset tummy, so please don't eat any of these.
- May cause skin allergy or irritant - Having skin or eye contact with these plants could result in an allergic reaction, burning or rash.
- Flower Shape - Saucer-shaped
Upright yellow flowers with red spotting inside the petals