News and Events
Help and Advice
Buy HELLEBORUS orientalis 'White Lady'
Other Suggested Plants
Customers who bought HELLEBORUS orientalis 'White Lady' also bought these...
HELLEBORUS orientalis 'White Lady'
Pure white, unspotted
- Good to know - attractive to insects. Ideal position is under deciduous trees where flowers can bloom unshaded and plant is then sheltered from the sun throughout the year.
- Pests & Diseases - snails, aphids, leaf spot, black rot.
- Place of Origin - garden origin. Gisela Schmiemann, Cologne, Germany
- Hardy - cold Winter - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/nothern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
- Height and Spread - 35cm (14in)
- Herbaceous - superior colours on upright stems. Overwintering, leathery, deep green basal leaves to 40cm (16in) long, each with 7-9 elliptic leaflets. Flowers 5-7cm (2-3in) across.
- Partial Shade - or dappled shade
- Neutral to Alkaline Soil
- Harmful if eaten - These will give you an upset tummy, so please don't eat any of these.
- May cause skin allergy or irritant - Having skin or eye contact with these plants could result in an allergic reaction, burning or rash.