- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Rare Plant List
- Flowering & Top Sellers February 2017
- Feburary Sale
- Mother's Day Offers
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2017
- Garden Related Products
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
Information - click to hide
- Good to know - require warm springs and long, hot summers to fruit well.
- Pests & Diseases - none.
- Place of Origin - eastern Asia.
- Climber - Some of these climbing plants will need trellis or wire supports if grown on walls or fences. Other grow aerial roots and are self-clinging - twining habit. Produces unusual sausage-shaped, fleshy, purple fruits.
- Deciduous - or semi evergreen.
- Against a wall - or into tree or over pergola.
- Full Sun
- Partial Shade
- Fertile moist well-drained soil
Buy Varieties of AKEBIA
A cross between A.quinata and A.trifoliata with dark purple flowers. Rare in cultivation
Semi-evergreen climber with reddish purple fragrant flowers
Unusual delicate creamy-white flowered variety which makes a pleasant contrast to the more common dark form