- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- NEW - Light weight garden pots & planters
- Non-Herbaceous Sale
- Late Summer Flowering Sale
- Flowering & Top Sellers August 2016
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2016
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Rare Plant List
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
AKEBIA quinata 'Alba'
Information - click to expand & read
- Good to know - to ensure pollination grow 2 plants of the same species (not the same clone)
- Pests & Diseases - none.
- Place of Origin - China, Korea, Japan.
- Hardy - cold winter - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/northern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
- Height - in metres - 10m (30ft)
- Climber - Some of these climbing plants will need trellis or wire supports if grown on walls or fences. Other grow aerial roots and are self-clinging - twining climber. Produces flowers in pendent racemes to 12cm (4in) long in spring, possibly followed by fruit to 10cm (4in) long.
- Semi-evergreen - Keeps some of its foliage all year, and will drop some leaves as well. - rounded leaves 4-8cm (1½-3in) long, composed of usually 5 oblong to obovate, entire leaflets, notched at the tips. Leaves, dark green above and blue-green beneath take on a purple tint in winter.
- Full Sun
- Partial Shade
- Scented flowers - spicily fragrant.
- Fertile moist well-drained soil
Unusual delicate creamy-white flowered variety which makes a pleasant contrast to the more common dark form
Other Suggested Plants
Available from £14.50
Available from £17.00
GARRYA elliptica 'James Roof'
Silk tassel bush, Quinine bush
Available from £16.50
Available from £22.50