- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- NEW - Light weight garden pots & planters
- Winter Clearance Sale
- Winter Interest Sale
- All offers and promotions
- Save £5 on gift wrapped Gardenia jasminoides delivered for £29.50, offer available without giftwrap
- Save £5 on a gift wrapped Jasminum polyanthum delivered for £29.00, offer available without gift wrap
- Any medium sized Camellia with gift wrap and carriage/packing for £29.00 saving £8.00, available without gift wrap and further savings on more plants see offer for details.
- Save £15.50 on 1 gift wrapped Daphne bholua 'Jacqueline Postill' delivered for £65.00, offer available without gift wrap
- Save £6 on a giftwrapped small Edgeworthia chrysantha delivered for £29.50, offer available without giftwrap
- Buy Christmas Rose and save £5.50 inc gift wrap and c&p for £23.50, further savings on more plants see offer for details.
Available without giftwrap
- Save £6.00 on gift wrapped Stephanotis floribunda including c&p for £33.50, offer available without gift wrap
- 100 daffodil bulbs for £21 saving £5.00
- Flowering & Top Sellers October 2016
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2016
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Rare Plant List
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
We recommend the use of Hydrangea blueing agent for all blue varieties. Due to the difficulties of growing blue Hydrangeas in pots, the first flush of flowers may flower pink. Please see below our article on Hydrangea care for full information.
- Pests & Diseases - red spider mites, scale insects, vine weevils, capsid bugs, grey mould (Botrytis), hydrangea virus, powdery mildew, leaf spot, honey fungus.
- Place of Origin - Japan
- Hardy - cold winter - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/northern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
- Height - in metres - 1.5m (5ft)
- Spread - in metres - 2m (6ft)
- Medium Shrub - Typically grow to around 4-6 feet in height
- Full Sun - shelter from cold winds
- Partial Shade
- Fertile moist well-drained soil - humus-rich
- Harmful if eaten - These will give you an upset tummy, so please don't eat any of these.
- May cause skin allergy or irritant - Having skin or eye contact with these plants could result in an allergic reaction, burning or rash.
- Flower Colour - Blue - blue or pink lilac-like flowers
- Shades of pink - All shades of pink through to Carmine (red)