News and Events
Help and Advice
Buy HYDRANGEA 'Ayesha'
Suggested Further Reading
Other Suggested Plants
Mophead - blue or pink lilac-like flowers
- Pests & Diseases - red spider mites, scale insects, vine weevils, capsid bugs, grey mould (Botrytis), hydrangea virus, powdery mildew, leaf spot, honey fungus.
- Place of Origin - Japan
- Hardy - cold Winter - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/nothern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
- Height - in metres - 1.5m (5ft)
- Spread - in metres - 2m (6ft)
- Medium Shrub - Typically grow to around 4-6 feet in height
- Full Sun - shelter from cold winds
- Partial Shade
- Fertile moist well-drained soil - humus- rich
- Harmful if eaten - These will give you an upset tummy, so please don't eat any of these.
- May cause skin allergy or irritant - Having skin or eye contact with these plants could result in an allergic reaction, burning or rash.
- Flower Colour - Blue - blue or pink lilac-like flowers Shades of pink - All shades of pink through to Carmine (red)