News and Events
Help and Advice
Buy HYPERICUM x hidcoteense 'Hidcote'
Other Suggested Plants
Customers who bought HYPERICUM x hidcoteense 'Hidcote' also bought these...
HYPERICUM x hidcoteense 'Hidcote'
St. John's wort
Medium bushy form, flowers yellow
- Good to know - wildlife plant - insects, butterflies.
- Pests & Diseases - susceptible to rust.
- Place of Origin - possibly a hybrid of H. cyathiflorum 'Gold Cup' and the wild H. calycinum. 'Hidcote' from the manor in Glos., UK
- Hardy - cold Winter - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/nothern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
- Height - in metres - 1.2m (4ft)
- Spread - in metres - 1.5m (5ft)
- Evergreen - to semi evergreen. Lance-shaped, dark-green leaves to 6cm (2½in) long.
- Medium Shrub - Typically grow to around 4-6 feet in height - dense, bushy shrub. Cymes of 6 or more flowers to 6cm (2½in) across.
- Semi-evergreen - Keeps some of its foliage all year, and will drop some leaves as well.
- Full Sun
- Partial Shade
- Fertile moist well-drained soil
- Flower Colour - Yellow - golden yellow.
- Flower Shape - Cup-shaped