News and Events
Help and Advice
Buy IRIS ensata
Other Suggested Plants
Customers who bought IRIS ensata also bought these...
Japanese water iris
(kaempferi) - Water iris - shades pink-purple
- Good to know - Laevigatae group (water irises). Japanese irises.
- Place of Origin - northern China, Japan, eastern Russia.
- Hardy - cold Winter - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/nothern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
- Height - in metres - 90cm (36in)
- Deciduous - leaves 20-60cm (8-24in) long with prominent midribs.
- Herbaceous - rhizomatous, beardless perennial with single, occasionally branched, stems. Flowers, 3 or 4 to a stem, are 8-15cm (3-6in) across.
- Full Sun
- Wet or boggy soil - flourishes at the margins of ponds or streams or in moist borders.
- Harmful if eaten - These will give you an upset tummy, so please don't eat any of these.
- May cause skin allergy or irritant - Having skin or eye contact with these plants could result in an allergic reaction, burning or rash.