- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering & Top Sellers May 2016
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2016
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Rare Plant List
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
Japanese water iris
(kaempferi) - Water iris - shades pink-purple
Buy IRIS ensata
- Good to know - Laevigatae group (water irises). Japanese irises.
- Place of Origin - northern China, Japan, eastern Russia.
- Hardy - cold winter - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/northern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
- Height - in metres - 90cm (36in)
- Deciduous - leaves 20-60cm (8-24in) long with prominent midribs.
- Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch. - rhizomatous, beardless perennial with single, occasionally branched, stems. Flowers, 3 or 4 to a stem, are 8-15cm (3-6in) across.
- Full Sun
- Wet or boggy soil - flourishes at the margins of ponds or streams or in moist borders.
- Harmful if eaten - These will give you an upset tummy, so please don't eat any of these.
May cause skin allergy or irritant
- Having skin or eye contact with these plants could result in an allergic reaction, burning or rash.
Other Suggested Plants
Customers who bought IRIS ensata also bought these...