News and Events
Help and Advice
Buy ISOPLEXIS canariensis
Other Suggested Plants
Customers who bought ISOPLEXIS canariensis also bought these...
Bushy shrub with sharply toothed leaves and long racemes of tubular orange-yellow or brownish-orange flowers
- Pests & Diseases - red spider mite and whitefly if in greenhouse
- Place of Origin - Canary Islands
- Half hardy - unheated greenhouse / mild winter - Hardy in coastal and relatively mild parts of the UK except in severe winters and a risk from sudden (early) frosts. May be hardy elsewhere with wall shelter or googd microclimate. Likely to be damaged or killed in cold winters. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -5°C (23°F)
- Height - in metres - to 1.5m (5ft)
- Spread - in metres - to1m (3ft)
- Evergreen - lance-shaped, leathery, deep-green leaves to 15cm (6in) long, softly hairy beneath.
- Medium Shrub - Typically grow to around 4-6 feet in height - erect and bushy when young, spreading with age. Dense racemes 30cm (12in) long of flowers to 3cm (1.25in) long, each with a 2-lobed upper lip.
- Full Sun - shelter from cold winds.
- Greenhouse or Conservatory - Not the sort of plants to be grown outside where there are likely to be frosts. These plants need to be grown in a conservatory or cool greenhouse or at least brought inside for the winter - loam based compost and dappled shade from hot sun - medium humidity
- Partial Shade
- Fertile moist well-drained soil