- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- All offers and promotions
- Flowering & Top Sellers May 2016
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2016
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Rare Plant List
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
KNIPHOFIA 'Little Maid'
Red hot poker, Torch lily, Tritoma
Pale lemon flower spike about 18 inches tall
Buy KNIPHOFIA 'Little Maid'
- Good to know - attractive to bees.
- Pests & Diseases - slugs, snails, thrips, violet root.
- Place of Origin - Africa
- Hardy - cold winter - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/northern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
- Height - in metres - 60cm (24in)
- Spread - in metres - 45cm (18in)
- Deciduous - grass-like leaves.
- Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch. - clump-forming rhizomatous perennial. Pale-green in bud, ages to ivory.
- Full Sun
- Partial Shade
Fertile moist well-drained soil
- humus rich, preferably sandy.
Other Suggested Plants
Customers who bought KNIPHOFIA 'Little Maid' also bought these...