- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Rare Plant List
- May 2018
- All offers and promotions
- Shop by category
- Full category list
- Planting Colour Combinations
- Chelsea Flower Show 2018 - New and unusual plants
- Chelsea Flower Show 2018 - Stand Plant List
- Chelsea Flower Show 2017 - Featured pollinator plants
- Chelsea Flower Show 2017 - Plant List
- Chelsea Flower Show 2016 - Best Selling Plants
- Design your own garden
- Plants by colour
- Plants for specific locations
- Burncoose Specialities
- Plants for specific types of garden
- Plants with particular characteristics
- Gift Ideas
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2018
- Garden Essentials
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
Commonly known as Peruvian lily, St. Martin's flower
Genus of about 50 species of perennials from mountain screes and grassland in South America.
The fleshy tubers spread to form clumps.
The flowers are long-lasting for a vase and should be plucked rather than cut though care must be taken as contact with the foliage can aggravate skin allergies.
Good to know - ideal for borders and containers. A longlasting cut flower.
Pests & Diseases - slugs, viruses. Red spider mite under glass.
Place of Origin - South America. Princess Lilies series bred by RoyalVanSanten, The Netherlands
Height and Spread - 30cm(12in)
Tuberous - clump-forming, fleshy-rooted perennial with narrow, lance-shaped leaves and trumpet-shaped flowers
Full Sun - sheltered site
Fertile moist well-drained soil
May cause skin allergy or irritant - Having skin or eye contact with these plants could result in an allergic reaction, burning or rash.