- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Rare Plant List
- May 2018
- All offers and promotions
- Shop by category
- Full category list
- Planting Colour Combinations
- Chelsea Flower Show 2018 - New and unusual plants
- Chelsea Flower Show 2018 - Stand Plant List
- Chelsea Flower Show 2017 - Featured pollinator plants
- Chelsea Flower Show 2017 - Plant List
- Chelsea Flower Show 2016 - Best Selling Plants
- Design your own garden
- Plants by colour
- Plants for specific locations
- Burncoose Specialities
- Plants for specific types of garden
- Plants with particular characteristics
- Gift Ideas
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2018
- Garden Essentials
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
Genus of one species, the Belladonna lily is an autumn-flowering bulbous perennial from coastal hills and streambanks in S. Western Cape in South Africa, though it is reported to have naturalised in many countries.
Good to know - grown for its showy, funnel-shaped flowers.
Pests & Diseases - slugs, narcissus fly - aphids, red spider mite under glass.
Place of Origin - South Africa (Western Cape).
Bulb/Corm - Bulb/Corm or rhizomatous perennial - bulbous perennial.
Against a wall
Fertile moist well-drained soil
Harmful if eaten - These will give you an upset tummy, so please don't eat any of these.