- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Rare Plant List
- Flowering & Top Sellers May 2017
- Chelsea 2017 Pollinators Sale
- Shop by category
- Full category list
- Chelsea Flower Show 2017 - Featured pollinator plants
- Chelsea Flower Show 2017 - Plant List
- Chelsea Flower Show 2016 - Best Selling Plants
- Design your own garden
- Plants by colour
- Plants for specific locations
- Burncoose Specialities
- Plants for specific types of garden
- Plants with particular characteristics
- Gift Ideas
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2017
- Garden Essentials
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
Commonly known as: Belladonna lily.
Flowers silver pink on bare bronze stems. Highly scented.
Information - click to hide
- Pests & Diseases - slugs, narcissus bulb fly. Under glass, aphids, red spider mites.
- Place of Origin - South Africa. Introduced into UK by Francis Masson (Kew) c.1774.
- Half hardy - unheated greenhouse / mild winter - Hardy in coastal and relatively mild parts of the UK except in severe winters and a risk from sudden (early) frosts. May be hardy elsewhere with wall shelter or good micro-climate. Likely to be damaged or killed in cold winters. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -5°C (23°F)
- Height - 60cm (24in)
- Spread - 10cm (4in)
- Bulb/Corm - Bulb/Corm or rhizomatous perennial - bulbous perennial. Umbels of 6 or more flowers 6-10cm (2-4in) long on stout purple or purple-green stems. Strap-shaped fleshy leaves 22-40cm (9-16in) long are produced after flowering.
- Against a wall
- Full Sun
- Scented flowers
- Fertile moist well-drained soil
- Harmful if eaten - These will give you an upset tummy, so please don't eat any of these.
Fertilisers & Feeds - Empathy
All-purpose Seaweed Stimulant
All-purpose organic concentrated seaweed feed that is a ready to use, derived from sustainable harvested kelp, that can be used on all outdoor and indoor plants, except acid loving plants. Perfect used in conjunction with Rootgrow™.
Slate Plant Labels
These wonderfully tactile natural slate plant labels are hand made in Cornwall and come with a chalk pen. Just stick them in your pot or border. Pack of 6.
Protect your knees in the garden with this squishy mat. Water-repellent and light weight.
Items you may also need...
Other Suggested Plants
Available from £15.00
Available from £15.00
RHODODENDRON 'Blue Tit'
Available from £21.00
ACTINIDIA arguta 'Issai'
Available from £17.50