- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Rare Plant List
- January 2018
- January Sale - 20% off
- All offers and promotions
- Helleborus ‘Anna’s Red’ for £26 inc c&p & gift wrap saving £11.00
- Mahonia Soft Caress – Save £7 on combined gift wrap & delivery offer
- Rosmarinus officinalis 'Severn Sea' – 1 for £25.00 inc c&p and gift wrap saving £6.00
- Agapanthus Strawberry Ice delivered for £25.00 inc C&P & gift wrap saving £7.00
- Calycanthus Venus - Save £7 on combined gift wrap & delivery offer
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2018
- Garden Essentials
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
Commonly known as Juneberry, Service berry, Shadbush
Genus of about 25 species of deciduous trees and shrubs mostly from moist woodland and stream banks in Europe, Asia and North America. Hybrids of this shadberry, blooming when the fish run, are widely spresd in the US and Europe. The edible fruit, readily taken by birds, ranges from insipid to sweet and is flavoured by almond from its seeds. When later flowering it is susceptible to fireblight, probably spread by bees from bramble and wild rose flowers.
Good to know - wildlife plant - birds. Grown for 5-petalled, star-shaped flowers, autumn foliage and fruits.
Pests & Diseases - fireblight.
Place of Origin - Europe, Asia, North America.
Deciduous - trees and shrubs.
Fertile moist well-drained soil