News and Events
Help and Advice
Buy LONICERA x purpusii 'Winter Beauty'
Other Suggested Plants
Customers who bought LONICERA x purpusii 'Winter Beauty' also bought these...
LONICERA x purpusii 'Winter Beauty'
Reddish shoots and fragrant tubular white flowers
- Good to know - hybrid of 'fragrantissima'. Best planted near a path to appreciate the delicious fragrance in winter.
- Pests & Diseases - aphids.
- Place of Origin - garden origin.
- Hardy - cold Winter - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/nothern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
- Height - in metres - 2m (6ft)
- Spread - in metres - 2.5m (8ft)
- Deciduous - or semi evergreen. Paired, ovate, dark-green leaves to 8cm (3in) long.
- Medium Shrub - Typically grow to around 4-6 feet in height - rounded shrub. Tubular flowers 2cm (¾in) long with conspicuous yellow anthers are produced in the leaf axils.
- Semi-evergreen - Keeps some of its foliage all year, and will drop some leaves as well.
- Full Sun
- Partial Shade
- Scented flowers - very fragrant.
- fertile well drained soil