- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Shop by category
- Plants on Sale
- Flowering & Top Sellers August 2015
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2015
- Burncoose Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Rare Plant List
- Log In / Register
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
History: Home >
Bog arum, Yellow skunk cabbage
Water loving bog plant with large yellow flowers
Buy LYSICHITON americanus
- Good to know - allow plenty of room for the leaves to develop.
- Pests & Diseases - none.
- Place of Origin - western North America.
- Hardy - cold Winter - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/nothern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
- Height - in metres - 1m (3ft)
- Spread - in metres - 1.2m (4ft)
- Herbaceous - marginal aquatic perennial which dies down in winter. Rosettes of oval, strongly-veined, glossy, leathery, mid- to dark-green leaves 50-120cm (20-48in) long. Spathes to 40cm (16in) long.
- Full Sun
- Partial Shade
- Wet or boggy soil - fertile and humus-rich. Margins of stream or pond.
- Harmful if eaten - These will give you an upset tummy, so please don't eat any of these.
May cause skin allergy or irritant
- Having skin or eye contact with these plants could result in an allergic reaction, burning or rash.
Other Suggested Plants
Customers who bought LYSICHITON americanus also bought these...