- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- All offers and promotions
- Flowering & Top Sellers May 2016
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2016
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Rare Plant List
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
A hyrid between M.acuminata and M.denudata with rich yellow flowers and red stamens
Buy MAGNOLIA 'Butterflies'
- Good to know - an American hybrid of M. acuminata 'Fertile Myrtle' (which does not rhyme) and M. denudata.
- Pests & Diseases - scale insects, honey fungus, coral spot.
- Place of Origin - Kitchawan Research Station, Ossington, Westchester County, New York
- Hardy - cold winter - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/northern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
- Height - in metres - 6m (20ft)
- Full Sun - shelter from strong winds.
- Partial Shade
- Fertile moist well-drained soil - humus-rich
- Neutral to acid soil
- Broadly columnar
- Broadly conical
- Flower Colour - Yellow - rich yellow with red stamens.
Flower Shape -
Cup-shaped - narrow.
Final Tree Size
Effective control of slugs and snails
(800g - Free c&p) £6.50
Ericaceous Liquid Seaweed Fertiliser
(1 ltr - free c&p) £7.50
Rootgrow - Large - 360g
(360gram sachet - inc c&p) £12.00
Rootgrow - Medium - 150g
(150gram sachet - inc c&p) £6.00
Vitax Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser 0.9 kg
(0.9 kg - c&p inc) £6.00
Vitax Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser 2.5 kg
(2.5 kg - c&p inc) £10.00
Vitax Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser 4.5 kg
(4.5 kg - c&p inc) £16.00
Other Suggested Plants
Customers who bought MAGNOLIA 'Butterflies' also bought these...