News and Events
Help and Advice
Buy MAGNOLIA 'Butterflies'
Final Tree Size
Suggested Further Reading
Other Suggested Plants
Customers who bought MAGNOLIA 'Butterflies' also bought these...
A hyrid between M.acuminata and M.denudata with rich yellow flowers and red stamens
- Good to know - an American hybrid of M. acuminata 'Fertile Myrtle' (which does not rhyme) and M. denudata.
- Pests & Diseases - scale insects, honey fungus, coral spot.
- Place of Origin - Kitchawan Research Station, Ossington, Westchester County, New York
- Hardy - cold Winter - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/nothern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
- Height - in metres - 6m (20ft)
- Height Integer - 6
- Full Sun - shelter from strong winds.
- Partial Shade
- Fertile moist well-drained soil - humus-rich
- Neutral to acid soil
- Broadly columnar
- Broadly conical
- Flower Colour - Yellow - rich yellow with red stamens.
- Flower Shape - Cup-shaped - narrow.