- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Rare Plant List
- Flowering & Top Sellers July 2017
- Non-Herbaceous Summer Sale 30% off
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2017
- Garden Essentials
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
Genus of about 25 species of mainly vigorous woody, deciduous climbers which are good for covering structures but should be prevented from growing around roofs and eaves.Flowers are insignificant but some species have ornamental berries.
- Pests & Diseases - none.
- Place of Origin - Asia, North America.
- Climber - Some of these climbing plants will need trellis or wire supports if grown on walls or fences. Other grow aerial roots and are self-clinging - woody climber. Excellent for covering walls, pergolas or for growing through trees.
- Deciduous - lobed or toothed leaves colouring red and yellow in autumn. Ornamental berries.
- Full Sun - choose a sunny site for good fruiting.
- Partial Shade
- Fertile moist well-drained soil