- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Rare Plant List
- June 2018
- All offers and promotions
- Shop by category
- Full category list
- Planting Colour Combinations
- Chelsea Flower Show 2018 - New and unusual plants
- Chelsea Flower Show 2018 - Stand Plant List
- Chelsea Flower Show 2017 - Featured pollinator plants
- Chelsea Flower Show 2017 - Plant List
- Chelsea Flower Show 2016 - Best Selling Plants
- Design your own garden
- Plants by colour
- Plants for specific locations
- Burncoose Specialities
- Plants for specific types of garden
- Plants with particular characteristics
- Gift Ideas
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2018
- Garden Essentials
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
Genus of about 25 species of mainly vigorous woody, deciduous climbers which are good for covering structures but should be prevented from growing around roofs and eaves.Flowers are insignificant but some species have ornamental berries.
Pests & Diseases - none.
Place of Origin - Asia, North America.
Climber - Some of these climbing plants will need trellis or wire supports if grown on walls or fences. Other grow aerial roots and are self-clinging - woody climber. Excellent for covering walls, pergolas or for growing through trees.
Deciduous - lobed or toothed leaves colouring red and yellow in autumn. Ornamental berries.
Full Sun - choose a sunny site for good fruiting.
Fertile moist well-drained soil