- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Rare Plant List
- Flowering & Top Sellers August 2017
- Non-Herbaceous Summer Sale 30% off
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2017
- Garden Essentials
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
AMPELOPSIS brevipedunculata 'Elegans'
('Tricolor') - leaves attractively mottled white and tinged pink. Not vigorous
Information - click to hide
- Pests & Diseases - none.
- Place of Origin - northeastern Asia.
- Hardy - cold winter - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/northern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
- Height and Spread - to 4m (12ft)
- Climber - Some of these climbing plants will need trellis or wire supports if grown on walls or fences. Other grow aerial roots and are self-clinging - woody climber.
- Deciduous - 3-lobed or 5-lobed palmate leaves 5-15cm (2-6in) long. Attractive, spherical, pinkish-purple fruit, turning to clear blue.
- Full Sun - a sunny site encourages fruiting.
- Fertile moist well-drained soil - restrict roots for better fruiting.
Fertilisers & Feeds - Vitax
Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser
A useful fertiliser suitable for use on a wide variety of plants. Q4 provides all the nutrients and trace elements essential for vigorous growth, abundant flowering and ripening of fruit.
3 options from £6.00
Fertilisers & Feeds - Empathy
Rootgrow mycorrhizal fungi
Recommended by the RHS. Contains Rootgrow™ mycorrhizal fungi. Suitable for all trees and shrubs (except rhododendrons, azaleas, heathers, cranberries and blueberries)
2 options from £6.00
Items you may also need...
Other Suggested Plants
Available from £17.50
Available from £11.50
Wall daisy, Mexican fleabane
Available from £6.50
GERANIUM wallichianum 'Buxton's Variety'
Available from £9.50