- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- All offers and promotions
- Flowering & Top Sellers May 2016
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2016
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Rare Plant List
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
In our opinion this is easily the best and darkest yellow yet to appear on the market. The flowers do come out with the leaves most years but this is genuinely a plant for the smaller garden. A triumph for Philippe de Spoelberch's magnolia breeding in Belgium.
Buy MAGNOLIA 'Daphne'
- Good to know - M. acuminata ssp. cordata 'Miss Honeybee' x M. 'Gold Crown'
- Pests & Diseases - scale insects, honey fungus, coral spot.
- Place of Origin - garden origin. Phillipe de Spoelberch(Belgium) from a seedling from August Kehr(USA)
- Hardy - very cold winter - Hardy in all of UK and northern Europe. Plant can possibly withstand temperatures down to -20°C (-4°F)
- Height - in metres - 5 - 8M (15-25ft)
- Spread - in metres - 3m (10ft)
- Tall Shrub - upright habit.
- Full Sun - shelter from strong winds
- Partial Shade
- Fertile moist well-drained soil - humus-rich
- Neutral to acid soil
Flower Colour -
Yellow - deep yellow. Long lasting. 5-10cm (2-4in) long, tulip-shaped.
Effective control of slugs and snails
Ericaceous Liquid Seaweed Fertiliser
Rootgrow - Large - 360g
Rootgrow - Medium - 150g
Vitax Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser 0.9 kg
Vitax Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser 2.5 kg
Vitax Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser 4.5 kg
Other Suggested Plants
Customers who bought MAGNOLIA 'Daphne' also bought these...