News and Events
Help and Advice
Buy MAGNOLIA 'Elizabeth'
Final Tree Size
Suggested Further Reading
Other Suggested Plants
Customers who bought MAGNOLIA 'Elizabeth' also bought these...
Cup-shaped clear primrose-yellow flowers before and with the new leaves
- Good to know - M. acuminata x M. denudata. Syn. M. xbrooklynensis Elizabeth
- Pests & Diseases - scale insects, honey fungus, coral spot.
- Place of Origin - Brooklyn Botanic Garden, USA. 1956. Evamarie Sperber. Named in 1978
- Hardy - cold Winter - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/nothern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
- Height - in metres - 10m (30ft)
- Height Integer - 10
- Spread - in metres - 6m (20ft)
- Deciduous - obovate leaves to 20cm (8in) long, bronze when young, maturing to dark-green.
- Full Sun - shelter from strong winds.
- Partial Shade
- Fertile moist well-drained soil - humus-rich
- Neutral to acid soil
- Broadly conical
- Flower Colour - Yellow - primrose yellow, whiter inside, fading to cream before the leaves emerge.
- Flower Shape - Cup-shaped - to 15cm (6in) across.