- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Shop by category
- Plants on Sale
- Flowering & Top Sellers August 2015
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2015
- Burncoose Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Rare Plant List
- Log In / Register
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
History: Home >
Cup-shaped clear primrose-yellow flowers before and with the new leaves
Buy MAGNOLIA 'Elizabeth'
- Good to know - M. acuminata x M. denudata. Syn. M. xbrooklynensis Elizabeth
- Pests & Diseases - scale insects, honey fungus, coral spot.
- Place of Origin - Brooklyn Botanic Garden, USA. 1956. Evamarie Sperber. Named in 1978
- Hardy - cold Winter - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/nothern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
- Height - in metres - 10m (30ft)
- Height Integer - 10
- Spread - in metres - 6m (20ft)
- Deciduous - obovate leaves to 20cm (8in) long, bronze when young, maturing to dark-green.
- Full Sun - shelter from strong winds.
- Partial Shade
- Fertile moist well-drained soil - humus-rich
- Neutral to acid soil
- Broadly conical
- Flower Colour - Yellow - primrose yellow, whiter inside, fading to cream before the leaves emerge.
Flower Shape -
Cup-shaped - to 15cm (6in) across.
Final Tree Size
Effective control of slugs and snails
(800g - Free c&p) £6.50
Rootgrow - Large - 360g
(360gram sachet - inc c&p) £12.00
Rootgrow - Medium - 150g
(150gram sachet - inc c&p) £6.00
Vitax Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser 0.9 kg
(0.9 kg - c&p inc) £6.00
Vitax Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser 2.5 kg
(2.5 kg - c&p inc) £10.00
Vitax Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser 4.5 kg
(4.5 kg - c&p inc) £16.00
Other Suggested Plants
Customers who bought MAGNOLIA 'Elizabeth' also bought these...