- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Shop by category
- Plants on Sale
- Flowering & Top Sellers August 2015
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2015
- Burncoose Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Rare Plant List
- Log In / Register
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
History: Home >
MAGNOLIA 'Gold Star'
A vigorous stellata hybrid which has attractive soft yellow buds and stellata-shaped flowers which fade to creamy-white. Very hardy
Buy MAGNOLIA 'Gold Star'
- Good to know - M. acuminata var. subcordata 'Miss Honeybee' x M. stellata 'Rubra'
- Pests & Diseases - scale insects, honey fungus, coral spot.
- Place of Origin - USA. 1990. Phil Savage, Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
- Hardy - cold Winter - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/nothern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
- Height - in metres - 7m (22ft)
- Height Integer - 7
- Spread - in metres - 5m (15ft)
- Deciduous - elliptic to oval, mid-green leaves to 18cm (7in) long, reddish bronze when young. Very attractive leaves for a magnolia.
- Tall Shrub - fast-growing shrub or small tree.
- Full Sun - shelter from strong winds.
- Partial Shade
- Fertile moist well-drained soil - humus-rich
- Neutral to acid soil
- Rounded to broadly spreading
- Flower Colour - Yellow
Flower Shape -
Star-shaped - to 10cm (4in) across with up to 14 strap-shaped tepals.
Final Tree Size
Effective control of slugs and snails
Rootgrow - Large - 360g
Rootgrow - Medium - 150g
Vitax Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser 0.9 kg
Vitax Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser 2.5 kg
Vitax Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser 4.5 kg
Other Suggested Plants
Customers who bought MAGNOLIA 'Gold Star' also bought these...