- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Rare Plant List
- Flowering & Top Sellers August 2017
- Non-Herbaceous Summer Sale 30% off
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2017
- Garden Essentials
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
Commonly known as: Everlasting flower, Pearl everlasting.
Genus of about 110 species of spreading to upright perennials, some evergreen, from dry slopes, dry forests, sunny riverbanks and moist woodland in the northern hemisphere. Pearl everlasting is an excellent subject for a dried flower arrangement.
- Good to know - good for cutting and drying. Provides pale foliage accents in soil too moist for most sun-loving, grey-leaved plants.
- Pests & Diseases - none.
- Place of Origin - northern hemisphere
- Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch. - woolly, grey foliage and papery, "everlasting" white flowerheads.
- Full Sun
- Partial Shade
- Fertile moist well-drained soil - must not dry out in summer.