News and Events
Help and Advice
Buy MAGNOLIA 'Randy'
Other Suggested Plants
Customers who bought MAGNOLIA 'Randy' also bought these...
Flowers are red-purple on the outside and white in the inside
- Good to know - cross between M. liliiflora 'Nigra' and M. stellata 'Rosea'
- Pests & Diseases - scale insects, honey fungus, coral spot.
- Place of Origin - U.S. National Arboretum. Mid 1950's.
- Hardy - cold Winter - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/nothern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
- Height and Spread - 5m (15ft)
- Deciduous - ovate, mid green leaves to 15cm (6in) long turn yellow to bronze in autumn.
- Tall Shrub - star-shaped flowers to 10cm (4in) across appear shortly before the foliage.
- Full Sun - shelter from strong winds.
- Partial Shade
- Fertile moist well-drained soil - humus-rich.