- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- Early Summer Sale
- All offers and promotions
- Flowering & Top Sellers June 2016
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2016
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Rare Plant List
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
MAGNOLIA sprengeri 'Eric Savill'
Rich pink cup shaped flowers on a small tree. The inside of the flowers are almost white. This was a seedling of M. sprengeri 'Diva' at the Savill Gardens.
Buy MAGNOLIA sprengeri 'Eric Savill'
- Pests & Diseases - scale insects, honey fungus, coral spot.
- Place of Origin - central China. (garden origin - Savill Garden, Windsor Great Park)
- Hardy - very cold winter - Hardy in all of UK and northern Europe. Plant can possibly withstand temperatures down to -20°C (-4°F)
- Height - in metres - 12m (40ft)
- Spread - in metres - 10m (30ft)
- Deciduous - leaves to 15cm (6in) long.
- Tree - small tree. Terminal buds are covered with fine yellow hair. Flowers have purplish-red stamens and semi-pendent tepals.
- Full Sun - shelter from strong winds.
- Partial Shade
- Scented flowers
- Fertile moist well-drained soil - humus-rich.
- Neutral to acid soil
Flower Shape -
Cup-shaped - 15-20cm (6-8in) across.
Effective control of slugs and snails
Empathy Ericoid mycorrhizal fungi
Ericaceous Liquid Seaweed Fertiliser
Rootgrow - Large - 360g
Rootgrow - Medium - 150g
Vitax Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser 0.9 kg
Vitax Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser 2.5 kg
Vitax Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser 4.5 kg
Other Suggested Plants
Customers who bought MAGNOLIA sprengeri 'Eric Savill' also bought these...